100+ Grilling Recipes
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen (thawed; see Tips) dark sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup(s) cherry preserves
- 1/3 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) minced canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Stir cherries, broth, preserves, ketchup, vinegar, chipotle peppers, thyme and allspice in a small deep bowl. Transfer to a shallow non-reactive dish large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high. Oil the grill rack. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Transfer the marinade to a medium skillet.
- Reduce the grill heat to medium and grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 7 to 9 minutes per side. Meanwhile, bring the marinade to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced by about half, 12 to 15 minutes. Let the chicken cool slightly; serve with the sauce.
Tips & Techniques
When the weather warms up, treat your friends and family to all the summer barbecues they can handle using these recipes and tips.