If you’ve ever tried to grill thin or sliced vegetables, then you know the struggle. These veggies tend to fall through the grates making it difficult to successfully grill them. Luckily, this blog post will introduce you to a different grilling method for these vegetables: the foil packet method.
Cooking the veggies in a foil packet with spices and butter effortlessly produces flavorful and tender vegetables and not to mention is extremely easy to clean up!
What you will need:
- Vegetables of choice
- Try carrots, bell pepper, potato, zucchini, corn, onion & more
- Herbs and spices of choice
- Get creative
- Try combinations of salt and pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, dijon mustard, lemon juice & more
- Butter or oil of choice
- Tin foil
- The thicker the better!
How to prepare the vegetables:
- Put the vegetables in a large mixing bowl
- Tip: cut large vegetables to desired, even size to ensure even cooking
- Coat them with butter/oil and desired seasonings
- Mix well
How to prepare the foil packets:
- Tear off a 18×12 inch piece of heavy duty foil for each vegetable type
- Place the vegetables in the center of the foil piece
- Tip: put like vegetables together because cooking rates can differ
- Securely wrap each packet by folding the edges to completely seal them, leaving some room for heat expansion
How to grill the vegetables:
- Place packets on your Cal Flame gas grill over medium heat
- Cook between 10 and 25 minutes or until the veggies are fork tender
- Remove from heat using tongs
How to serve the vegetables:
- Carefully open the packets to allow steam to escape
- Mix the different types of vegetables if desired and serve on a large plate
These packet grilled vegetables are delicious and are a crowd-pleaser. They go great with any grilled protein that you are preparing and allow you to experiment with different flavor and seasoning combinations!
If you try this method out, comment below how you chose to season your veggies and share your pictures with us!
For more information, please visit www.calflamebbq.com or dial 1-800-225-7727