Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 Cook Time: 35 Min Calories: 887
A perfectly soft bun, quality, juicy meat that is seasoned well, the BEST cheese, caramelized onions, and a really, really good secret sauce is the key to a classic cheeseburger. Try this cheeseburger with secret sauce! Here are some grilling tips to make a medium-rare burger.
Classic Cheese Burger with Secret Sauce
- Cal Flame BBQ Grill
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Yellow onions, thinly sliced in rings
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion, grated
- 2 lbs 80% lean grass-fed ground beef
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tsp Garlic powder, granules
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Freshly ground pepper + more for seasoning patties
- 2 tsp salt + more for seasoning patties
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 4 Cheddar cheese, slices
- 4 Romaine lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- Pickles, optional
- 4 Brioche hamburger buns or sweet Hawaiian buns
Secret Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Pickle juice
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard
1) In a small bowl, whisk together all secret sauce ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until use. The sauce can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
2) Heat olive oil in a medium-sized, heavy-bottom saucepan over medium heat. Add the thinly sliced onion rings and sauté over medium-low heat until caramelized. About 25-35 min. If they start browning too quickly, lower the heat. Once finished, set aside.
3) Place ground beef, eggs, grated onion, garlic, Worcestershire, mustard, sea salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Using your hands (or stand mixer) mix the meat until thoroughly combined. Divide the meat into four equal parts and form it into patties about ⅓ inch thick. Set aside on parchment paper.
4) Turn your Cal Flame BBQ Grill on high for 10 min.
5) Season each patty with a bit of salt and pepper and place on the hot grill. Reduce heat to medium and close the lid. Cook for about 5 minutes. Flip the burger patties and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until the center is just barely pink (to your liking). Add the cheese to the patties, close the lid and allow it to melt. While the cheese is melting, use your hot grill to toast your buns!
6) To prepare the cheeseburgers, add a generous amount of secret sauce to both the top and bottom of the toasted bun. Add the beef patties, then layer on the lettuce, onions, and tomato. Serve with pickles.
Try this recipe today!
For more information, please visit www.calflamebbq.com or dial 1-800-225-7727