It is the time of the year where we do a little something special for our loved ones. We all know that going to a restaurant will have you waiting for hours, so why not do something special and nice at home utilizing your Cal Flame Grill! A perfect meal is a flavorful Lemon Basil Grilled Salmon is complete with a grilled corn and tomato salad on top! Here is how you do it:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
3 tbsp Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 (4oz) Salmon filets, skin on
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 ears of corn, shucked
1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- Heat your Cal Flame grill to medium-high heat and brush your exclusive V-grates with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl combine the Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt with 1 tbsp fresh basil, lemon zest, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until combined and set to the side.
- Brush the salmon filets with the vegetable and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side up, on the hot grill for about 2 minutes, until salmon easily moves away from grill grates. Flip salmon and reduce heat to a medium-low and continue cooking about 3 to 5 minutes, until salmon is cooked and easily flakes.
- Top each hot piece of salmon filet with the lemon basil topping so it melts into the salmon.
- In the mean time, grill the corn alongside the salmon until the kernels are slightly charred. Carefully cut off the corn kernels and add to a medium bowl. Add in the tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp of fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the corn salad over the top of the hot salmon and enjoy your delicious meal with your special someone!