The Cal Flame offers The Hibachi Grill. This is a flattop gas grill that allows users to embrace Teppanyaki cooking. Here is a great recipe to try out!
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 pound frozen deveined large shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb.) bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed and drained
- 4 cups steamed brown rice, for serving (cook about 2 cups dry
- Grab a small bowl and whisk together the following ingredients: broth, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar; and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
- Place fresh or frozen vegetables in the heated wok. If your using frozen vegetables, it does not need to be thawed before cooking. Cook the vegetables until they begin to get tender and heated through.
- Add the shrimp to the wok, stirring it regularly for two to three minutes. When the shrimp turn pink, pour in the mixture of broth, orange juice, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, and sugar. Cook for one minute, stirring the ingredients frequently. Add salt and pepper or other preferred spices, such as red pepper flakes.
- Stir fry the shrimp another one to two minutes to cook it through. Remove the shrimp from the wok to the serving platter. Add any desired garnishes to the shrimp.