Grilling is an art form, it’s a skill that is learned and acquired through practice. If you own a Cal Flame BBQ grill, then you will most likely know the following grilling must-knows to survive the summer season. If you are a new to the grilling world, then follow us this way to simple tips & tricks to get the most out of your grill:
1. Set up 2 grill zones — one for direct heat, and the other for indirect heat. Use the direct heat to sear meats and veggies, and move them to the cool side to allow the food to finish grilling without overcooking.
2. Leave the lid off for ingredients that cook quickly like shrimp and vegetables and put the lid on for longer-grilling items like poultry and steak.
3. Season burger meat liberally with salt, pepper and canola oil. Allow cheeses to melt completely by closing the lid for a delicious melted cheesy goodness.
4. If you don’t have time to marinate your meats, a dry rub is a quick way to add flavor to grilling. Keep a well stocked spice rack for the kitchen and the grill! Double points!
5. Keep vegetables whole or in larger sections so they’re easier to manage on the grill and keeps them from falling through the grates. For smaller items, use water-soaked wooden skewers it makes transferring and flipping easier and quicker.
6. Do not open and touch the food too much. Let the grill do it’s job and let is stand a bit before flipping. If you check on the food and it’s sticking a little, it’s not done cooking. Turn the food only once and let the fire be your guide.
If you are a master chef, visit our website to become the lucky owner of a Cal Flame BBQ. Cal Flame offers a variety of patio and hearth products ranging from grills, islands and accessories to make the most of your back yard, this summer and beyond!