To ensure safe and proper maintenance, we recommend you follow these directions carefully. Clean internal parts of the grill regularly as determined by the amount of use and foods cooked. The entire grill should be cleaned at least once a year. In addition, keep the area around your grill clear and free from combustible materials, gasoline, and other flammable vapors and liquids. Do not obstruct the flow of combustion and ventilation air. DISCONNECT ELECTRICAL SUPPLY BEFORE CLEANING ANY PART OF THE GRILL.
These instructions describe the best way to care for your stainless steel. They apply to grills and barbecue islands with stainless steel fixtures. Although stainless steel grills will discolor and accumulate grime with regular use, they can keep their original shine with periodic cleaning. We strongly recommend using a surface protectant to prevent smudging and surface rust from accumulating. The easiest way to clean the grill is immediately after cooking is completed. Doing so will extend the life of your grill, prevent grease fires, and present a pleasant appearance while you grill.
Stainless Steel Care and Cleaning
1. Clean Thoroughly clean stains, food, and grime using a sponge or damp cloth with warm water and a mild dish soap. Use Fantastik or Formula 409 to remove heavier soil.
2. Rinse Thoroughly rinse all surfaces and dry them completely with a clean towel. Do not allow stainless steel to air dry.
3. Polish We strongly recommend that you apply a surface protectant to all exposed stainless steel surfaces.
Spray a small amount of WD-40 or Sheila Shine on a piece of paper towel and rub with the grain over the surface of the appliance. Using a clean terry cloth or paper towel, polish the appliance by rubbing with the grain.
Follow these directions and your grill will be looking spiffy in no time!
Grilling is an art form, it’s a skill that is learned and acquired through practice. If you own a Cal Flame BBQ grill, then you will most likely know the following grilling must-knows to survive the summer season. If you are a new to the grilling world, then follow us this way to simple tips & tricks to get the most out of your grill:
1. Set up 2 grill zones — one for direct heat, and the other for indirect heat. Use the direct heat to sear meats and veggies, and move them to the cool side to allow the food to finish grilling without overcooking.
2. Leave the lid off for ingredients that cook quickly like shrimp and vegetables and put the lid on for longer-grilling items like poultry and steak.
3. Season burger meat liberally with salt, pepper and canola oil. Allow cheeses to melt completely by closing the lid for a delicious melted cheesy goodness.
4. If you don’t have time to marinate your meats, a dry rub is a quick way to add flavor to grilling. Keep a well stocked spice rack for the kitchen and the grill! Double points!
5. Keep vegetables whole or in larger sections so they’re easier to manage on the grill and keeps them from falling through the grates. For smaller items, use water-soaked wooden skewers it makes transferring and flipping easier and quicker.
6. Do not open and touch the food too much. Let the grill do it’s job and let is stand a bit before flipping. If you check on the food and it’s sticking a little, it’s not done cooking. Turn the food only once and let the fire be your guide.
If you are a master chef, visit our website to become the lucky owner of a Cal Flame BBQ. Cal Flame offers a variety of patio and hearth products ranging from grills, islands and accessories to make the most of your back yard, this summer and beyond!
Fire has always attracted people with its natural ability to warm, comfort and entertain. It is nothing short of magical. Cal Flame shares that magic with you and your family by offering the finest in outdoor fire fixtures.
Below are just two of the many possible options to choose from:
With a simple style and subtle elegance, the FPT-RT501. Included is a stainless steel burner which emits 55,000 BTU’s, Liquid Propane or Natural Gas, and Piezo ignition system which is a battery-powered electronic ignition on/off switch. You can customize with your choice of Ameristone Stucco in 5 different colors, 8 Cultured Stone styles, accent trim with Porcelain Tile or Natural Stone Tile.
The contemporary beauty and style of the FPT-G5000 Firepit helps transform a backyard into a romantic getaway for couples, or a fun meeting space for friends to enjoy drinks, conversation and laughs. This elegant firepit has a Tempered Glass Table Top with a four (4) piece fire log set and lava rocks, stainless steel burner emits 55,000 BTU’s, Liquid Propane or Natural Gas, and Piezo ignition system which is a battery-powered electronic ignition on/off switch. You can customize with your choice of Ameristone Stucco in 5 different colors, 8 Cultured Stone styles, accent trim with Porcelain Tile or Natural Stone Tile and LED lights.
Check out more of our fire pits here.
Over the years, Cal Flame has earned a reputation for producing quality BBQ islands, BBQ carts, BBQ hardware, fireplaces and fire pits that are at the forefront of innovation & design. Cal Flame is honored to have its home resort and BBQ products so highly regarded by Hearth & Home Magazine – a publication honoring innovation in design and technology for the hearth, patio and barbecue Industry.
But Cal Flame isn’t just highly regarded in publications. Customers rave about Cal Flame grills! Chelse Murphy of Atlanta, Georgia, praised our G4 Grill as “magic because every time [she] cooks on it, [her] food turns out perfectly.” Talia Madison of Portland, Oregon says her Cal Flame grill is “the best grill [she has] had, wow!”
What makes Cal Flame stand out from our competitors is our dedication to quality, because we want our customers to be happy with every purchase. Check out our website here to browse grills, fire pits, and more to turn your backyard into your own personal haven!
Cal Flame outdoor fireplaces add a sense of enchantment, magic and nostalgia to any backyard or garden. Homeowners will enjoy the beauty and dynamics that a fireplace brings to their Home Resort while guests will appreciate the year-round entertainment.
Every Cal Flame fireplace is constructed to the highest standard, utilizing a 16-gauge galvanized steel frame and reinforced by Hardibacker tile backer board. Your fire fixture will be a source of elegance and entertainment for years to come.
Our fireplaces are the perfect way to extend the outdoor season and seek warmth in the open air. The innovative Cal Flame outdoor fireplaces feature all the latest technology and allow you to enjoy even the coolest of evenings.